Table of contents
Quotes About The Truth Hurts
- All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third it is accepted as being self-evident
- It is wise not to seek a secret and honest not to reveal it.
- Just because everybody’s doing something, doesn’t mean it’s right.
- Put a silk on a goat and it is still a goat.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t.
- Pretending to be someone you’re not is a waste of the person you are.
- Everyone sees who I appear to be but only a few know the real me. You only see what i choose to show. There’s so much behind my smile you just don’t know.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am, rather than loved for who I am not.
Truth Hurts Quotes
- Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is an irrelevance. People would far rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially if it suits their own purposes.
- Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
- Before speaking, consult your inner-truth barometer, and resist the temptation to tell people only what they want to hear.
- Say what you have to say, not what you ought. Any truth is better than make-believe.
- There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true. Soren Kierkegaard Inspirational, Believe, Ignorance447 Copy quote
- All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer
- In a time of universal deceit – telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
- When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. Thomas Sowell
- Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Confucius
- Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world…would do this, it would change the earth. William Faulkner
Knowing The Truth Hurts Quotes
- Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. Marcus Aurelius
- The ability to ask questions is the greatest resource in learning the truth. Carl Jung
- The naked truth is always better than the best-dressed lie. Ann Landers
- I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts. Abraham Lincoln
- A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. Charles Spurgeon
- You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. C. S. Lewis
- Most people find facts irritating. Facts interfere with their systems of denial. Walter Darby Bannard
- All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. Galileo Galilei
- The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. James A. Garfield
- The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd. Bertrand Russell
The Truth Hurts Quotes
- Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either. Albert Einstein
- If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. Rene Descartes
- Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away. Elvis Presley
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything. Mark Twain
- If the road is easy, you’re likely going the wrong way. Terry Goodkind
- If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it. Marcus Aurelius
- All truth is eternal. Truth is nobody’s property; no race, no individual can lay any exclusive claim to it. Truth is the nature of all souls.
- Be sincere and do your duty. Everything will come all right Truth must triumph. . .
- Comfort is no test of truth; on the contrary, truth is often far from being comfortable.
- Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.
When The Truth Hurts
- I know that truth alone gives life, and nothing but going towards reality will make us strong, and none will reach truth until he is strong.
- I stand for truth. Truth will never ally itself with falsehood. Even if all the world should be against me, Truth must prevail in the end.
- If in this hell of a world one can bring a little joy and peace even for a day into the heart of a single person, that much alone is true; this I have learnt suffering all my life; all else is mere moonshine.
- It is the patient building of character, the intense struggle to realize the truth, which alone will tell in the future of humanity.
- Man wants truth, wants to experience truth for himself; when he has grasped it, realised it, felt it within his heart of hearts, then alone, declare the Vedas, would all doubts vanish, all darkness be scattered, and all crookedness be made straight.
- None will be able to resist truth and love and sincerity. Are you sincere? unselfish even unto death? and loving? Then fear not, not even death. Onward, my lads!
- Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
- Pray all the time, read all the scriptures in the world, and worship all the gods there are …but unless you realize the Truth, there is no freedom.
- Soft-brained people, weak-minded, chicken-hearted, cannot find the truth. One has to be free, and as broad as the sky.
- Stop creation and you know the truth. All power of creation must stop, and then you know the truth at once.
Henry Rollins Quotes
- Take care! Beware of everything that is untrue; stick to truth and we shall succeed, maybe slowly, but surely. Work on as if I never existed. Work as if on each of you depended the whole work.
- Tell the truth boldly, whether it hurts or not. Never pander to weakness. If truth is too much for intelligent people and sweeps them away, let them go; the sooner the better.
- That is the one test of truth. It never decays, it is always the same.
- The greatest name man ever gave to God is Truth. Truth is the fruit of realisation; therefore seek it within the soul.
- The greatest truths have been forgotten because of their very simplicity. Great truths are simple because they are of universal application. Truth itself is always simple. Complexity is due to man’s ignorance.
- The mainspring of the strength of every race lies in the spirituality manifested in religion and the death of that race begins the day that spirituality wanes and materialism begins.
- Those who work at a thing heart and soul not only achieve success in it but through their absorption in that they also realize the supreme truth—Brahman. Those who work at a thing with their whole heart receive help from God.
- Thou hast the right to work but not to the fruits thereof. Stand firm like a rock. Truth always triumphs.
- To tell a lie, you have to imitate a truth, and that truth is a fact. You cannot imitate that which you have never perceived.
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
- Truth can never come to us as long as we are selfish.
- Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die. Societies should be moulded upon truth, and truth has not to adjust itself to society.
- Truth is infinitely more weighty than untruth; so is goodness. If you possess these, they will make their way by sheer gravity.
- Truth is strengthening. Truth is purity, truth is all-knowledge; truth must be strengthening, must be enlightening, must be invigorating.
- Truth, purity, and unselfishness— wherever these are present, there is no power below or above the sun the possessor thereof. Equipped with these, one individual is able to face the whole universe in opposition.
- We are always after truth, but never want to get it.
- We do not progress from error to truth, but from truth to truth. Thus we must see that none can be blamed for what they are doing, because they are, at this time, doing the best they can.
Let us know your feedback about these Truth Hurts Quotes.